SWEET TREATS ZINE CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
hey everyone! my partner and I are hoping to put together a zine, full of goodies drawn by YOU!
the theme of course, is sweet treats! candy, cookies, ice cream, anything sugary and scrumptious! don’t feel like you can ONLY draw food though, feel free to interpret the theme how you like! we’d love to see comics, illustrations, and of course recipes of your favorite treats!
- while this is a cute theme, it’s not intended to be all ages! sexy things are okay, though ultimately it is up to our discretion. just be tasteful!
- hi res images are encouraged! 300dpi and up is recommended
- please make new art for this! we’d rather have fresh stuff
- we are planning to sell printed copies, and digital copies
- final page count is not yet known, since this is our first project of this nature! it all depends on submissions. this will also determine pricing.
- we are not concrete in artist royalties yet, but we do want to make sure you get a little something! right now what we have in mind is free print copies, as well as splitting money from digital copies. money from print versions would likely go back into print cost.
- the deadline for submissions is october
want to send us something? my email is email@example.com
October Gore Art Challenge!
Decided to come up with a Gore Challenge for October since it’s the only month of the year where I will willingly look at things I otherwise don’t care for/get nightmares from.
Join me in my increasingly spooky/terrifying journey!
Please tag as #October Gore Art Challenge for easy browsing :D
1. Amputation/Limb loss
3. Piercings/Body Mod
4. Doctors/Surgery/Medical Emergency
6. Stitches/Self Admistered Medical Help
7. Falling/Falling to your death
8. Undead/Zombie Attack
9. Skeletons/Bones/Bones Showing
12. “Natural Causes”/Dehydration/Starvation
13. Painful Transformation
14. Bruises/Beat Up/After A Fight
15. Nosebleed/Bleeding from orifices
17. Eye Gore
18. Sliced Open Gut/Bisections/Gut spilling
19. FREE FOR ALL/Whatever you like! Mix and match!
20. Broken Bones
21. Electrocution/Electric Shock
22. Scarification/Scars/Unintended Scars/Ritual Wounds
23. Burns/Burning/On Fire
24. Body Horror/Extra Body Parts/Misshapen Body Parts
25. Evil Possession/Distorted Bodies/Corruption
26. Blood Bath/”After Murder”
27. Getting Crushed/Underneath Something Heavy
28. Getting Impaled/Being Impaled
29. Torture/Near Death Torture
30. Self Harm
31. Monster Attack (Happy Halloween!)
OH GOD DAMN IT I COULD HAVE CHOOSE THIS ONE INSTEAD ARGHHH
Send me a number and I’ll do it!
CALL FOR ART: Illustrations of strong women, paying $100-200 USD.
Looking for women illustrators to work from written descriptions of female characters to contribute to high-profile web project (50,000+ subscribers). Should work in a Disney or cartoon style.
Looking for multiple artists to do one piece per artist over the course of one year, 2 weeks to 1 month of lead time per piece. Paying $100-200 USD for full illustrations.
Could lead to more work or print publication in the future.
If interested, please e-mail me ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with examples (including backgrounds!), rates, and your availability (doesn’t have to be immediate). I will pass qualified candidates to the client.
I am good friends in real life with the client, love his project (you’ve probably heard of it, but I can’t say what it is!), and will be contributing myself, so yeah! you guys should talk to me!
I just realized I haven’t done a Livestream in over a year.
Things I’m not sure I’ll ever finish: Color Edition
Top: Re-do of an old piece, “Bad News From Home”. I got a bit bored after drawing all of that Chupak fleece, I suppose.
Center: Twins Reina and Amira as bears riding their pet giant scorpion, Princess. Their father is a were-bear and they inherited a highly controlled version of the trait.
Bottom: Monster girl slumber party I had started for an art show two years ago, but ended up having to replace with a traditional piece when my tablet went on the fritz. I Livestreamed a few sessions of painting this one.
Nobody ever specifies Sol’s characters on the art prompts, so I had him pick some random numbers and then rolled on his character list.
*Amadeus Rideriamorte is normally not the sort to get into a physical altercation, so he must have been beaten up after damaging someone’s car with his scooter when he was young. The people of Muerte are very serious about their cars.
*Cyril “Cernakova” Barbossa ended up going to flight school after he and his wife emigrated to Tanzola. This is the dress uniform for the Destiny Academy of Higher Learning Flight Program, although I forgot the insignia. He has to wear a kilt since his legs aren’t built for pants, and tends to carry his hat around rather than try to cram it between his horns.
*Krolik Von Effenschtein with his favorite animal, a giant lop like himself. This particular rabbit is pretty used to being offered joints by now; to expect much different from the god of inebriation and leisure would be a bit silly.